Dagupan University Lyceum-Northwestern University Dagupan, started its humble beginning with the establishment of a Nursing School and Polyclinic Hospital at the Dagupan City. The university was founded by Mr & Mrs Francisco Florencia Quimson Duque. Soon after that, 25 new courses were started such as agriculture, science, architecture, technology business engineering medical, health sciences, pharmaceutics, and nursing. The Dagupan city school of nursing then shifted to Tapuac distric after 1972 and it was renamed as Lyceum of Dagupan city. The Lyceum Northwestern University College of Medicine uses English as a medium of instruction for studies.
Why Students Choose Lyceum-Northwestern University
- The university has a legacy of 50 years and is one of the oldest universities of Philippines.
- English is the medium of instruction and hence the students will not feel any barriers in communication.
- Lyceum-Northwestern University conduct MBBS course with a duration of 5.8 years including an internship for one year.
- International students choose the university because of the quality education provided and the medium of instruction is English.
- Pre-medical courses of BS Biology with a duration of 18 month is a prerequisite for the MBBS course.
- The practical methods of medicine course is given importance and the syllabus is American based
- The education at the university helps the student to become proficient healthcare professionals.
Eligibility to join MBBS course
- NEET qualification is essential
- The student should have a higher secondary qualification from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with more than 50% marks.
- Documents To Be Submitted
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Higher Secondary Mark Sheet
- Original Passport
- Certificate Proving Date of Birth
- NEET Score Card
- Medical Fitness Certificate
The University is in the field of medical education for more than 50 years with academic excellence and it also serves as a beacon for research and learning medical doctors. At present, the university has a most modern campus with 25 kinds of various courses with more than 7000 people.
Regarding the clinical laboratories, it equipped with all most modern and advanced technologies. The computer laboratory has campus-wide internet and intranet facilities. Theatre hall has 100 seating capacity which is used for discussions and presentations. There is an indoor basket ball court with 300 seating capability. The university possesses a multi-purpose auditorium with 200 sq.mts, which can occupy 200 people. It is used for conducting seminars, functions, meetings, and programs.
The library is a well-organized one with air-condition with all kind of medical journals and text books. Modern electronic study materials are also accessible to the students with internet facility for online learning. There is a provision of digital library to the students.