Sri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research Kolar
Interested in this College?
- Views : 27532
About UsSri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research Kolar Karnataka Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research comprising Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College under the aegis of Sri Devaraj Urs Educational Trust for Backward Classes, Kolar, is a Deemed to be University declared Under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, vide Notification No.F.9-36/2006-U.3(A) Dt. 25th May 2007, MHRD, Government of India. The establishments of the University and the constituent institution are co-located at Tamaka village, Kolar and spread over more than 72 acres of lush green campus with several buildings to accommodate the medical college, administrative offices, teaching/training facilities, hospital and hostels with a total built up area of over 1.17 lakh sq mtrs. Currently, the university has two faculties of studies viz; Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Allied Health Sciences. The medical college conducts Under Graduate Degree (MBBS), Post Graduate Degrees (M.D./M.S.), Post Graduate Diploma courses, Doctoral Programmes in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Ophthalmology , E.N.T. and Fellowship Programmes in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology as well as Oral surgical Oncology. The University has developed regulations, curricula/syllabi for MBBS, Postgraduate (M.D./M.S.) and Postgraduate Diploma Courses as per the policy guidelines laid down by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi. While core curriculum as per regulatory bodies is retained, modifications of curriculum required are done after obtaining feedback from the stakeholders. The university has established a Department of Medical Education (UDOME) to train the trainers in the processes of curriculum development as well as teaching learning and evaluation modalities. All the Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses offered under the Faculty of Medicine are recognized by Medical Council of India. The college is also recognized by the Malaysian Medical Council since the academic year 2009-10.
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Physiology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Anatomy Apply
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Health Science Library and Informatics Apply
- Master of Public Health (MPH) Apply
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Molecular Biology and Human Genetics (MB & HG) Apply
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (M.Sc. MLT) Clinical Biochemistry Apply
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (M.Sc. MLT) Haematology and Blood Transfusion Apply
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Molecular Cell Biology and Medical Genetics Apply
- Master of Surgery(MS) Obstetrics and Gynecology Apply
- Master of Surgery(MS) ENT Apply
- Master of Surgery(MS) Orthopedics Apply
- Master of Surgery(MS) Ophthalmology Apply
- Master of Surgery(MS) General Surgery Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Radiology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Paediatrics Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) General Medicine Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Dermatology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Community Medicine Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Anesthesiology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Forensic Medicine Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Pharmacology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Microbiology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Pathology Apply
- Doctor of Medicine(MD) Biochemistry Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) ENT Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Clinical Medicine Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Physiotherapy Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Nursing (Interdisciplinary) Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Medical Education Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Radiology and Radiation Physics Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Pathology Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Microbiology Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Biochemistry Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Physiology Apply
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics Apply
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Apply
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Renal Dialysis Technology Apply
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Ophthalmic Technology Apply
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Imaging Technology (IT) Apply
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) Apply
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Apply
Vision & Mission
University of Excellence - Knowledge For Posterity.
- To be a global center of excellence for Teaching, Training and Research in the field of Higher Education.
- To inculcate scientific temper, research attitude and social accountability among faculty and students.
- To promote value based education for the overall personality development and leadership qualities to serve the humanity.
Dr. G Pradeep Kumar,
MBBS, DFM, MD, DCrL
Dr. G Pradeep Kumar took over as the Vice Chancellor of Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Tamaka, Kolar, Karnataka, India on the 29th of March 2019. A forensic pathologist by training, he received his MBBS degree from Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, in 1980, and post-graduation in Forensic Medicine (MD & DFM) from Osmania University, Hyderabad in 1985. Additionally, he holds a Diploma in Criminology & Criminal Law from Annamalai University.
He held various academic positions at the Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India since 1985 as Dean, Associate Dean and Head of the Department of Forensic Medicine. He also served as the Deputy Controller of Examinations and Director of Quality and Compliance of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India.
During his tenure as Dean, he brought in several academic reforms and streamlined the curriculum and evaluation process for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs. He was associated with the accreditations of the various regulatory bodies during his tenure as the director of quality and compliance of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
He has been associated with the Department of Medical Education since 1986 and is passionate about reforms in teaching and evaluation process. He was associated in conducting several workshops pertaining to teaching – learning, student evaluation, postgraduate orientation and learning skills. He strongly believes that a robust evaluation drives meaningful learning. The department of Forensic Medicine headed by him was one of the earliest ones to adopt integrated, problem based learning and objective structured evaluation.
He was deputed to Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal in 1998 and was instrumental in curriculum planning for the University of Katmandu. During his tenure in Nepal, he had conducted series of lectures of medico legal significance to the Government Medical Officers at Western Range Hospital, Pokhara, Nepal and for the Police Officers of Western Range, at Pokhara, Nepal.
He served as the Consultant Forensic Pathologist for the Commonwealth of the Bahamas for a period of two years in 1999, and was instrumental in empowering the Police officers at the Royal Bahamas Police College of the Commonwealth of Bahamas, and the law graduates at the Royal College of Bahamas in the application of forensic pathology for justice. As a medico-legal consultant, he empowered the law enforcing officers of Udupi and neighboring districts of Karnataka with the skills of scientific investigation.
He is a fellow of the Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine and has contributed for the growth of the academy for over three decades. He is a member of the academic council of various universities. He has, to his credit, numerous publications in national and international journals. He has been a resource person for various National and international conferences, CME’S, & workshops, and presented scientific papers at national, regional and International conferences.
Dr. Pradeep strongly believes that it’s the social responsibility of every teacher to train a competent, compassionate and caring health care provider who could safeguard the healthcare needs of the society.