List of Medical Colleges in Chennai
Start your discussion
Type your message
BSc Clinical Psychology
1) What is BSc Clinical Psychology?
BSc Clinical Psychology focuses on the human mind and behavior. The study involves assessment, diagnosis, treatment options, and prevention of mental issues and diseases. They don't prescribe medications to treat mental illness. Instead, they use psychological techniques, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and psychoanalytic therapy.
2) What is the difference between a clinical psychologist and a psychologist?
Clinical psychologists are trained in various techniques that enable them to work in schools, hospitals, clinics, counseling centers, and community centers. They provide psychotherapy and clinical psychological testing. General psychologists focus on mentally healthier people, while clinical psychologists focus on patients with severe mental health disorders and diseases.
3) What is the similarity between a clinical psychologist and a psychologist?
Clinical psychologists and general psychologists work with people having behavioral and mental health disorders. They both assess, diagnose and counsel patients and their family members.
4) Is a clinical psychologist considered a doctor?
A Clinical Psychologist is a Doctor in the sense that he holds a Doctorate degree in Psychology(Psy. D.) or a Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (Ph. D).PhDs are scientists and practitioners. They are clinical and scientific Doctors who use evidence-based psychotherapeutic treatments with their patients.
5) What are the differences between a Clinical Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor?
Clinical Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor differ in terms of their educational qualification, specialties, years or level of education, training, and experience. They sometimes work together or refer the patient to another professional if it is outside their scope of practice. A Clinical Psychologist is a Doctor in the sense that he holds a Doctorate in Psychology (Psy. D.) or a Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (Ph. D.). They provide psychotherapy and clinical psychological testing. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor (MD) specialized in psychiatry and authorized to prescribe medications for mental health patients. Clinical Social Worker is not a doctor but holds a master's degree. They assess, diagnose, intervene and treat patients, families, and groups with psychosocial issues. Mental Health Counselor is also not a doctor but holds a master's degree in counseling. They provide counseling to individuals, families, and groups.
6) Is clinical psychology a promising career?
Clinical psychology is a career with good pay. In India, on average, a clinical psychologist earns Rs.30,000/- monthly. In the USA, they earn around $100,00 yearly. They can ask from Rs.500 to Rs 3000/- per session depending on their experience and qualification.
7) How many years do you have to invest in becoming a clinical psychologist?
To become a clinical psychologist, first, you need to do an undergraduate degree in clinical psychology, then a master's and a doctorate in clinical psychology. For clinical psychologists, specialty students usually spend around 8 to 12 years in advanced education.
FAQ on M.D. Paediatrics
1) What are the eligibility criteria for MD (Doctor of Medicine)?
The candidate must have an MBBS degree recognized by the Medical Council of India and one-year internship experience. He should pass NEET-PG, the national level medical entrance examination which is conducted every year. Some reputed medical colleges like JIPMER, AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), and medical colleges under Delhi University conduct their entrance examinations named JIPMER PG, AIIMS PG, DUMET, respectively. The admission is purely merit and entrance ranking- based in all these medical institutions, and some may even take an interview before final selection.
2) Can I get M.D. admission without the NEET PG entrance exam?
There is no chance to get M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) admission without attempting the NEET PG entrance exam in India. Otherwise, you must be applying to JIPMER, AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), and some medical colleges under Delhi University where they have their own entrance test like JIPMER PG, AIIMS PG, DUMET.
3) How many marks does the student have to score to pass M.D. in Pediatrics?
The medical student should have scored fifty percent marks in each subject to pass the M.D. in Pediatrics.
4) How long is M.D. in pediatrics?
M.D. in Pediatrics is three years full-time program after MBBS.
5) Name the top colleges offering M.D. in Paediatrics in Kerala?
Some of the reputed colleges offering M.D. in Paediatrics in Kerala are:
· Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur.
· Sree Gokulam Medical College, Venjaramoodu.
· Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College and Hospital, Karakonam.
· Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Amala Nagar.
· Government Medical College, Trivandrum
· Government Medical College, Kozhikode
· Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolencherry.
Read more... July 4, 2022
Read more... July 4, 2022