Bangalore Institute of Technology Bangalore
No.of Views: 1212
- Co - Education
- ESTD 1979
Interested in this College?
Vision & Mission
- To establish and develop the Institute as the centre of higher learning, ever abreast with expanding horizon of knowledge in the ﬁeld of Engineering and Technology with entrepreneurial thinking, leadership excellence for life-long success and solve societal problems.
- Provide high quality education in the Engineering disciplines from the undergraduate through doctoral levels with creative academic and professional programs.
- Develop the Institute as a leader in Science, Engineering, Technology, Management and Research and apply knowledge for the beneﬁt of society.
- Establish mutual beneﬁcial partnerships with Industry, Alumni, Local, State and Central Governments by Public Service Assistance and Collaborative Research.
- Inculcate personality development through sports, cultural and extracurricular activities and engage in the social, economic and professional challenges.
Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT) is one of the most sought after institute for Engineering aspiring students. BIT has seen a phenomenal growth in the last four decades bringing innovation to every road we have traveled. Inside our campus the possibilities seem limitless. The stakeholders will ﬁnd cutting- edge technology, state-of-the-art facilities beyond the curriculum and minds that push the envelope of
theory and experimentation.
The foundation of Bangalore Institute of Technology was laid in the year 1979 by the great national poet Kuvempu. Kuvempu's wellknown lines “ ಓ ನನ್ನ ಚೇತನ ಆಗು ನೀ ಅನಿಕೇತನ – O nanna chetana, Aagu nee aniketana” (Be unhoused O my soul, only the inﬁnite is your goal") is embedded in the environment of BIT.
Having a ﬁrm belief in the societal technological prosperity, the then AICTE Chairman and the founder Principal of BIT, Dr. S. Ramegowda engraved BIT's motto as “Technology for Prosperity”. BIT's key emphasis are our students. We impart the best knowledge for promoting and pursuing multidisciplinary Engineering in the most meticulous mode.
BIT inducts students as per the VTU and AICTE guidelines and gladly brings together a thorough academic achievement with an extensive, vibrant
co-curricular programmes that includes sports, culture and creative arts, various club activities, carving universal human values, literary activities, providing proﬁciency modules, mentoring and feedback sessions and organizing leadership and entrepreneurial training programmes.
The students graduating from our institute will have diverse knowledge and skills in the areas of their studies and will have a broad understanding of industry and societal needs. Their character will be nurtured in developing them into a social engineer, a responsible citizen and a valued human being. With the support of highly qualiﬁed faculty members, supportive staff, sound placement achievements and excellent infrastructure facilities, BIT is committed to develop a community of learnt scholars and strives to create a holistic learning environment for our students to learn and excel in their career for a better tomorrow. I extend my best wishes for our students to attain the heights of glory.
B.E, M.E, Ph.D
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Science and Engineering
Training and Placement Center was established in the year 1994 under the visionary leadership of Dr.Aswath.M.U, with the objective of making our students self-reliant, capable, skilled and competent technocrats. Many milestones have been set by our center.
To keep our students professionally updated to the unfolding dynamic environment, our center offers apex quality training services, many career guidance and development programmes on personality development, communication skills, Industry to Institute Convergence expert interaction sessions, aptitude tests and logical reasoning sessions, confidence grooming sessions, Group Discussion and Mock Interview Sessions, Public Sector Competitive Exams Training and Industry Internship Programs. Due to which our students are well equipped to handle the working norms of the industry.
The Center provides employment opportunities for the students in acclaimed world class organisations. Every year more than 100 top notch companies visit our Institution and conduct placement activities for the full time recruitment and internship. The Training and Placement Centre takes immense pleasure in stating that around 70 percent of eligible students are placed in their dream companies with attractive packages. The average compensation is 6.5 lacs and highest compensation will be 13.5 lacs. Leading companies like Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, Cisco, Akamai, Microfocus, HPE, SAP, Nokia, Microchip, BEL, Mercedes Benz, Bosch, L&T- ECC and Brigade Group recruit our students.
Our resourceful alumnae have set commendable standards in the corporate world through their admirable contributions. The consistent placement record illustrates our commitment and devotion towards creating employment opportunities to our students.
We have excellent infrastructure facilities in terms of full-fledged seminar hall, training hall, conference and board rooms, interview cabins, full-fledged computer labs for conducting recruitment process.
- Computer Lab